About the branch
The Sprague Branch's high-gabled English Tudor style building has served the Sugar House community for three generations. The building was selected by the American Library Association in 1935 as the "Most Beautiful Branch Library in America." The two-level facility was opened in 1928 and has been renovated several times as use continues to increase. An expansion project to add a new public meeting room and remodel the building was completed in April 2001, which increased the square footage to 13,058. As the Sugar House shopping district sprouted up, the Sprague Branch continues to hold its historical charm and provide community members with outstanding public library services. Free parking is available to the east and south of the building, and free wi-fi access is provided throughout the library.