Nature inspires me and helps me to get into the zone to paint. It is a great source of strengthen to me in my life. From our Wasatch Front mountains to our beloved Great Salt Lake sunsets, beauty surrounds us. I enjoy skiing, hiking our foothills and gardening. During my ten years of directing art lessons at the Indian Hills Elementary School with Kelly Hansen, we loved teaching the students about Vincent Van Gogh’s florals. We are fortunate to live near the foothills in the fly zone of many migratory birds. It is a delight to feed the wild birds with birdseed and watch them take turns eating from the bird feeder. Seeing their colorful feathers is a visual reward for me. This record breaking snow of this year brought down the elk and deer herds to find a source of nourishment. Numerous cold days brought not only snow but stunning cloud formations over the Great Salt Lake. I hope my paintings of Nature bring you joy and encourage you to get out and enjoy the outdoors.
- Jeanne Hansen
I am a painter with a design background. The subject matter guides the art materials I use. Be it oils or watercolor with acrylic paint. My design background influences my art. Each painting begins with a pencil drawing. It is the bones of the art.
EDUCATION & ASSOCIATIONS
- University of Utah, BFA Degree in Design
- School of Visual Arts, New York City, Post Graduate work
- Founding Design Principal in the Collaborative, a multi-discipline firm
- Principal Owner of Hansen Andrus Design
- A Signature Member of the Western Federation of Watercolor Societies and Utah
- Watercolor Society. Member of Merit with the Intermountain Society of Artists.
- Member of the Park City Professional Artists Association
- Founding Member of the American Institute of Graphic Artists/Salt Lake City
- Springville Museum of Art: Spring Salons
- Zion Bank Artist Reception Events
- Kimball Art Center exhibits: Creative Journeys, 1Nation, WFWS shows
- St. George Museum: A Century of Sanctuary-the Art of Zion National Park, exhibit & book
- 2016 National Parks: Uniting America,100 Years on Common Ground
- Red Butte Garden Visitor Center: PCPAA show & several solo & group shows
- Jewish Community Center: Solo shows
JEANNE HANSEN Art by Design
email@example.com - jeannehansenart.com
My work is included in many large corporate, private and public art collections across the country including those of the Utah State Capitol, the Salt Lake International Airport and Zions Bank.
Harold Petersen, Doug Snow, Milton Glaser, & Ed Marion.
Maynard Dixon, Van Gogh, Georgia O’Keefe, Winslow Homer & Andrew Wyeth.
WHY I PAINT & WHAT INSPIRES ME
It bring joy to myself, my collectors and friends. I like to be a positive energy in this world. Life can be very unexpected. When I get focused into my creative art zone, it is a place to work things out and find solutions. It is exciting, challenging and with a sense of peace at the end.
Being a native Utahn, I am knocked out by the strength of our mountains, Southern Utah rock formations, and the Great Salt Lake. Skiing in Park City since my early days has taught me to go for it and to go with the flow.
WHO INSPIRES ME AND WHAT CAUSES
Terry Tempest Williams and her book on The Hour of the Land, about the backstory of our National Parks. We went to high school together and I have always admired her courage and thoughts about our natural environment.