CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
SALT LAKE CITY PERFORMANCE ART FESTIVAL
A LIVE STREAM FESTIVAL PRESENTED BY
THE SALT LAKE CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY
APRIL 2–3, 2021
Our Eighth Festival will be presented entirely online as a live stream over a two-day span. The performances will be shown in groups at set intervals throughout the two days, and will be archived after going live, available to view after the initial broadcast.
You are invited to propose a piece for this Festival, which presents performance art: artists making real actions, unrehearsed ideas manifest for the first time in this live screen. (Different from a performing arts festival with rehearsed or improvised music, dance or theater.) Please email the curator in advance, if you have any questions.
You will need to be available on April 2 and 3 and have internet access with a camera, capable of broadcasting your performance.
The proposed art piece must be appropriate for all ages.
Please assemble the following and submit to curator Kristina Lenzi at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Résumé or CV
- Three sentence bio that we can use for publicity
- 10 images of previous performances or a website link with images of previous works
- Contact information
- Description of idea (proposal) for performance
- Duration of performance (piece can be from one minute to one hour long Please be as exact as possible; give us your upper limit)
- Tell us if you have a date preference, and we'll do our best to accommodate
Proposal Deadline: Tue, Dec 15, 2020, 11:59PM MST